• Total Time: 1305 minutes= 21.750 hours = 0.906 Days

Monday, January 10, 2011

Movie #2: Batman: Under the Red Hood

Date Watched: 1/9/10
Viewing: 1st time

Let me start out my saying yes, this is an animated batman movie. And I will go one step further and say I watched this purely for myself and not because I was babysitting or something like that. The grand architecture of the plot is not very unique, however at a more detailed level I think it was actually very different, especially from other batman movies/shows. Once again, basic idea, Batman vs. new and old bad guys. Mainly a new masked villain named "Red Hood" (hence the title), however other bad guys also need to be fought such as the Joker, Black Mask, assassins and an old dude with a goatee.

Simply put: I loved it. I know i'm already a huge nerd by admitting that but i'll go on. 

It was animated in the style of the older batman cartoon (for those of you still reading this post) but it was cleaned up a little. Also I felt like some of the animation might have been taken from the later series "Batman Beyond", however it was nowhere near as futuristic and ridiculous. The movie itself was quite dark and a little more graphic (PG-13) due to it not being an old episode for TV. It did a solid job of bringing in somewhat new characters who seemed as though they should be familiar, as well as a few old ones such as the Joker (naturally). Somehow after watching it I didn't feel as though I had just seen a kids' animated movie. It seemed so much more sophisticated and dare I say bad-ass. I felt like it posed legitimate questions regarding action and causation and ethical dilemmas.The fighting and various gadgets were quite entertaining and my eyes were glued for each of the glorious 75 minutes always wanting to know how it would end.

Overall, Batman: Under the Red Hood is a must watch if: you watched the old TV show, watch animated "comic book-esque" movies, or have an interest in Batman.

Otherwise please stay away so you don't get mad at me.

Rating: 5 Stars (I always rate within the genre for future reference)

No comments:

Post a Comment