• Total Time: 1305 minutes= 21.750 hours = 0.906 Days

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Movie #10: Zombieland

Date Watched: 1/13/10
Viewing: 1st

I'm really not one for the zombie like gore. I don't know why. Gore doesn't bother me in the least bit, perhaps it's a deeply buried fear of zombies. Thus I have not even seen the classics of the genre. The plot seems pretty standard. Some catastrophe, most of humanity wiped out, zombies still roaming about.

This movie does so many things right, I feel like I loved everything about it except the zombie issues. The main character was very Michael Cera (pathetic, funny, somewhat charming) but it still worked. The script was pretty funny and I loved the cast. Little girl from little miss sunshine, aforementioned Michael Cera clone, Emma stone, and Woody Harrelson (one of my favorite roles he's done). The violence is mostly stupid and zombie like. I feel like the characters were interesting enough to carry the movie though. Very solid acting throughout and for some reason a very entertaining film. Zombieland was very humorous and played with and off the stereotype of zombies in general. The plot itself is fairly boring and there's no deep message or commentary. And for once a movie gives a good reason why a good looking girl might end up with a goober (unlike "She's out of your League"). That reason being no one is left of earth...

Overall, I liked this movie so much more than I thought I would. I still dislike the zombie genre but this semi-satire was enjoyable. Expect some gore but not a whole lot of disturbing images.

I would recommend this if: you enjoy satires, enjoy zombie movies, want to see Bill Murray as a pseudo-zombie, like odd comedies, or haven't got enough of the "Michael Cera character" yet.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment